Skip to main content

January Sock KAL

I joined a KAL group on Ravelry for Cookie A's new book, Knit. Sock. Love. They're doing a different sock every month, with two months to finish. (If it takes two months, you'll only be able to do every-other one, apparently.)


The January KAL is the Hedera pattern. I'm doing mine in Malabrigo Sock (Malabrigo is one of the sponsors this month), in the colorway "Violeta Africana."

ksljan11 - cast on

I modified the pattern for toe-up, casting on 14 sts and increasing to 62. I'm using 3 repeats of the 10-st pattern in the instep, plus one extra twisted knit stitch for symmetry.

I also received the Berroco Ultra Alpaca and Ultra Alpaca Light in "Pea Soup" to make Norah Gaughan's fabulous Draped Cardigan.

Ultra Alpaca - Pea Soup

Ultra Alpaca Light - Pea Soup

However, first, I am planning to finish the Wrixlan Jacket. I started it about three years ago, finishing only the back at that time, and now I have the fronts about half done... I seems to be going a lot faster this time. I'm cabling without a cable needle, a new trick in my repertoire.

Wrixlan fronts partly done

The book with the Wrixlan Jacket pattern, "Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book," is out of print, but I could still find it on Amazon at the time of this writing...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments