Skip to main content

A Men's Sweater?

I came across a pattern booklet during the yarn crawl-- Norah Gaughan's "Men" collection. (It's a collection of sweaters, not a collection of men. Sorry!) The cover picture is so gorgeous, I couldn't resist. The design is called Devon. Here's the cover shot (Berroco photo):

Berroco - Norah Gaughan Men - Devon Sweater Pattern Cover

After I showed the booklet to Chris, he seemed moderately interested... The yarn is Peruvia Quick, which is a bulky yarn that will work up fairly quickly, so this may be a good trial run! I ordered the yarn color in the cover photo... I didn't want to risk ending up with something different than expected! I got the yarn, yesterday, so I will have to put this near the front of my queue.

Interestingly, Mitchell is asking for a sweater, now. I have some leftover blue worsted from the Wrixlan Jacket which should be more than enough, and that project should be refreshingly quick, in a boy's small/medium.

Now, I am working on another Norah Gaughan sweater which has been set aside during the summer. I posted about it last winter when it was in Vogue Knitting. I finished the back and sleeves several months ago, and I have just gotten one-and-a-half fronts done this week, so I'm getting close! My Handspun Undercurrent is set aside until some more fiber comes to make some more yarn for the front bands. It is coming from Australia, so it may be a few more days...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Nikii said…
Hi! Do you have the pattern? Thanks
Lisa Kay said…
As mentioned in the post, the pattern is in Berroco's Norah Gaughan Collection, "Men." It is available in many knit stores. I purchased it at "
BAH! Yarns" in Washington, MO. You can also order it many places online, including Webs (www.yarn.com). Here's a link to the
pattern at Webs.
Lisa Kay said…
I can see the Webs link didn't work. Just go to www.yarn.com and search for "Norah Gaughan."
Anonymous said…
I am looking to purchase the Devon men's knitting pattern, if anyone can assist as to where I can purchase it, I would appreciate it. I live in Canada.
Thank you
Tracey
Lisa Kay said…
It is available on Webs (www.yarn.com)... Norah Gaughan Men