Skip to main content

Bohus Goes Skating

I finished my "Bohus-inspired" sweater which I have been calling, "Blue Mountain Bohus."

I should note that it is more appropriate to call the sweater “Bohus-inspired” rather than “Bohus.” The term “Bohus” really refers to Bohus Stickning, or the work of that organization, in Sweden. The group began in the 1930’s as a charity organization, providing work to knitters, and becoming an extremely successful business which was in operation until 1969. This information, and much additional interesting background, is available in the book “Poems of Color” by Wendy Keele, a beautiful book and extremely interesting read.

My previous posts on the Blue Mountain Bohus:
Planning and yarn spinning and Spinning Completed
Knitting started
Yoke completed

BMB

BMB

There are more pictures and many project notes on my Ravelry project page.

I wore the sweater skating, yesterday. Chris and I took Mitchell to the Forest Park skating rink. It was a perfect day to skate outside, and the first time Mitchell has been to an outdoor rink.

BMB

BMB

BMB

BMB

Mitchell started off slow, holding onto the fence. He got the hang of it after a while, though!

skating

skating

skating

skating

skating

skating

Mitchell was well worn out by the end of the day.

skating

skating

Then, we stopped by the St. Louis Zoo. I snapped a picture in the Butterfly Pavilion. It was a flash of spring in our wintery day.

Winter Butterfly

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Jennifer said…
Lisa Kay - it's beautiful and very flattering on you. I love the double print - on the yoke and the waist. If you didn't intentionally bring in the waistline... it definitely gives the illusion. Great job. Love seeing the family skating. Looks like great fun.