Skip to main content

Mighty Wolf Arrived!

After a strange SNAFU where I received a different model loom destined for North Carolina (and she received mine), the looms have been swapped, and the Mighty Wolf is here! Thanks go to my dad for receiving it while I was otherwise unavailable! (I stayed home on Wednesday to receive it, but that's when the wrong one arrived. Ack!)

Loom Arrived - Boxes

After unpacking it and moving it into the living room, it looked like this:
Loom Arrived - Unpacked

Unfolded, it looked like this:
Loom Arrived - Unfolded

I have to admit, it really does take up rather a large swath in the living room...

I spent all afternoon and evening putting it together (stroller/wheels, tying on apron rods, putting 1000 heddles on the shafts, and inserting the 80 treadle tie-ups onto the shaft frames. Now, I’ve just sleyed the Fiesta Towel warp I had waiting.
Loom Arrived - Sleyed

It is the same pattern as the towels I made in lessons, so it is a bit of a "trying out the new loom" project, and not so much trying out a new project!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Jen said…
Wow, how exciting! Congratulations, and have fun!