Skip to main content

Gift Knitting

I whipped up some gifts over November and December, which I can post, now that they have been gifted...

Two berets, from Kirsten Kapur's "One Day Beret" pattern:


Handspun Pigeonroof Studios "Mimsy" on Superwash Merino


Handspun Hedgehog Fibres Superwash Merino

The second beret was for my sister-in-law, and I also made her matching mitts:



... and I had enough of the same yarn to make two Thorpe hats (another pattern by Kirsten Kapur) for my nephews (modeled by Mitchell):







The hats are trimmed in Dream in Color "Classy," which I then used to make my brother (their dad) a "Watch Cap" using the pattern from the book "Knits Men Want."



I also made mitts for Mitchell's teacher, my mother, and my mother-in-law.


"Mimsy" and other leftover bits of handspun


Handspun Nest Fiber Studio "Viola" on Superwash BFL


Spunky Eclectic "Leaf Peep" on Corriepaca

The mitts are all made using an improvised pattern that I have used before. You can find the instructions on the Ravelry project page.

Mitchell liked the Thorpe hats and asked for his own, in green. I took him to an LYS and he picked out some Cascade 220 in a very green shade of green...





Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments