Skip to main content

Christmas Mitts

My first two knitted Christmas gifts are gifted. They were mittens for the two teachers in Mitchell's classroom. I used Peggy O'Grady's "Arc Mittens" pattern, again. I really like the pattern as a quick gift. The pattern is in Interweave Knits' "Accessories 2011" issue.

The first pair used Trendsetter Yarns Vigna in the colorway "Tiger's Eye," held together with a strand of brown mohair, for fluffiness. (These two yarns were left over from a project I haven't posted, yet... Hint: this vest.).



The second one is a handspun, the "Loch Ness" I spun at the end of 2013. I held two strands together, and it still only used just over half the ball, so I suppose I could still make some fingerless mitts with the rest. The Merino/Silk/Angora is super soft and very warm, so it makes mitts that feel wonderful to wear.



Mitchell took these gifts to school on Friday, so it is safe to post them, now. :)

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments