Skip to main content

Sweater Finishing

I finished both sweaters that were in the home stretch. First, I completed the collar and bands on my Homespun Undercurrent. Because I was having trouble with running out of yarn, and I already had to make extra to finish the bands, I made a collar instead of the hood. Handspun Undercurrent - 2 Handspun Undercurrent - 1 The sweater weighs over 2.5 pounds! I used eleven 4-ounce packages of wool, with about 2/3 of a 4-ounce-package-worth of yarn left over, or about 80 yards. That might be enough for a small monster... Handspun Undercurrent - 3 Handspun Undercurrent - 4 I made the collar by working 19 rows after rejoining the back and fronts, with two pairs of increases in the center back over the 20 rows. Then, I increased six on the next WS all-purl row (without changing needles) and worked 14 rows in k2/p2 rib. Handspun Undercurrent - 5 Handspun Undercurrent - 6 Previous posts on original yarn, additional yarn, body construction, sleeves, and pattern. Handspun Undercurrent - 7 Handspun Undercurrent - 8 While I was waiting for the 8 oz of fiber I had to order to make more yarn for the Handspun Undercurrent, I also got the Draped Cardigan pretty close to finishing, and I just had the drape (ruffle) left to do, this morning. Draped Cardigan - 1 Draped Cardigan - 4 So, I actually finished two sweaters this weekend! I also cast on this one. Happy Knitting, Lisa Kay My dad took all these photos. Aren't they great? Thanks, Dad!

Comments

Pam Price said…
Both sweaters are beautiful! And dad did do a great job of capturing your fine work!
Robin said…
The sweaters look great!!! I have yet to spin yarn for a sweater but one day.
Rah said…
is this the sweater on Knitty? I think it rocks! Your design was great and the picture on the tricycle wonderful. Just wanted you to know.
Lisa Kay said…
Yes, this is Undercurrent from Knitty, without the hood. :)